Emison Museum of Art
This historic structure, built in 1908 as a Carnegie Library served the university for over 50 years before conversion to an Art Center in the late 1950’s. With the completion of the new Peeler Art Center in 2003, the firm was commissioned to convert the Emison facility to a gallery for traveling exhibitions, a permanent home for Asian Studies and Anthropology collections, special collection galleries, and offices for teaching faculty and the curatorial staff. Renovations included: a new, formal entrance wing that included universal accessibility; additional gallery space; faculty offices and meeting spaces; new windows, new lighting and a complete overhaul of the heating and cooling system in order to provide museum quality climate control and lighting regulation.
“The addition to transform this building was absolutely spectacular.
The main gallery is a signature space”
Dr. Neal B. Abraham
Executive Vice President
Vice President for Academic Affairs & Dean of Faculty