The Gothic Chapel was constructed in 1875, added to in 1917, and remodeled again in 1970. As a result of a significant donor gift, Crown Hill had the opportunity to fully update and add to the existing building to meet current programmatic needs including funeral rites, meetings and musical performance. Part of the scope of work includes the installation of a new pipe organ specifically designed for the space. Significant design challenges included: seamless integration of the new addition into the existing building; meeting ADA requirements; and building systems integration and installation.
– 2006 AIA Indiana Annual Design Honor Awards, Citation with Special Recognition Award
– 2006 A Monumental Affair, Awards for Excellence in Architecture Design – Achievement Award
– 2006 Midwest Construction’s Best Award of Merit for Renovation/Restoration
– 2007 Indiana/Kentucky Golden Trowel – Award for Best of Religious Project(s)