Walmart eCommerce Fulfillment Centers
CSO has been engaged on several of Walmart’s eCommerce fulfilment centers in multiple capacities. These massive buildings are dedicated to fulfilling Walmart.com’s online orders. They are highly automated buildings requiring extensive coordination with multiple Walmart departments. The buildings include automated shipping and receiving sorters, order consolidation sorters, pallet flow modules, manual and automated pack stations, and an extensive manual pick module. Additionally, office space, breakrooms, training rooms, restroom facilities, and secure entrances are included to support the needs of the associates who work within the building.
CSO’s relationship with Walmart varies based upon the project delivery for the facility. Our role includes:
- Working with various Walmart departments to help establish building criteria in order to accommodate material handling
- Planning for accommodations for the associates working in the building
- Developing overall building plans that meet the specific needs of the project
- Coordinating with a general contractor for Walmart owned projects
- Coordinating with a developer for facilities leased by Walmart
- Ensuring that delivery of the project is as expected to the end users.
CSO’s ongoing work with Walmart includes the following services:
- Continual improvements and refinements of multiple distribution and fulfillment center prototypes
- Architect of record for active distribution and fulfillment center projects
- Tenant Architect for developer-delivered distribution and fulfillment center projects
- Post-occupancy renovations across multiple fulfillment centers
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining prototypical components utilized across new builds and renovations of distribution and fulfillment centers